Boost your digital marketing and SEO efforts with old school public relations via HARO.
If you’re not familiar with HARO (Help A Reporter Out), then let us give you the Cliff Notes version of this powerful link building and digital PR strategy.
What is HARO?
HARO is a platform where journalists post requests for quotes and sources for articles that they are working on.
As a website site owner, you qualify as a source. So, as those daily HARO emails roll in, you have multiple opportunities to offer your responses and potentially earn a backlink to your website.
They send out emails three times per day, Monday through Friday. Sometimes there’s only a few requests in the email, other times there are well over 100 requests per email.
Using HARO is 100% free for both journalists and sources.
You can literally do HARO link building on your own for free. (We recommend doing it for 3 months to see awesome results) You’ll have zero costs involved other than three months of your time.
Or, you can hire us to do it for you.
HARO Link Building Service
Want us to take over your HARO efforts each month? We offer this service on a three-month or seven-month basis.
- We monitor the daily HARO emails to identify opportunities for you.
- We craft responses to an unlimited amount of HARO queries for you.
- We keep all of our responses and a tracking spreadsheet for your reference.
- We’ve been doing HARO link building since 2016.
- We can work with almost any website and in almost any niche.
- We don’t surprise you with any extra fees.
- We currently average DR50+ links for our clients.
- We guarantee at least 5 links for the 3-month package, and 11 links for the 7-month package.
- We answer all relevant HARO queries for 3 months
- The per-link cost is: $199 or lower
- A minimum of 5 links guaranteed
- We answer all relevant HARO queries for 7 months
- The per-link cost is: $182 or lower
- A minimum of 11 links guaranteed
How It Works
Once you pay for one of our packages above, you’ll see a Google Form link that appears after a successful payment. That’s our client intake form.
In the form, we ask for:
- Your website URL
- The name you want us to use for responses (or Alex, our HARO lead, can use his name, if you prefer)
- A URL where we can get a picture for your persona/yourself (or, Alex can use his if we’re using his name for you)
- A brief bio (around 50 words or so) for your website’s persona (again, if we’re using Alex then he’s already got a bio)
After we receive your completed form, then we get started setting up your account for outreach.
- We create a dedicated email address that we use to do replies for your site
- We setup a Google Sheets spreadsheet to track our responses
- We give you the link to the spreadsheet, so you can refer to it when needed
Then, we spend the next three to seven months (depending on the package you ordered) responding to an unlimited number of HARO queries for you.
Our goal is to acquire as many unique white hat links to your site as possible during this period.
It’s often slow in the beginning, since it takes journalists a while to get articles up with your link. So, don’t worry if you don’t see any new links populate on the spreadsheet for a few weeks at the start.
During this period, you’ll only hear from us if we’ve found a great opportunity for you where we need additional information from you.
Once we get to the end of our period working together, we’ll reach out to you and ask if you want to continue working with us. No hard feelings if you don’t. But if you do, then we’ll just keep doing what we do – getting you loads of awesome white hat backlinks.
HARO Link Building FAQs
Not sure if our HARO links service is for you? Or if we’re the right agency for you? Let us try to answer some common questions for you.
Does this work with affiliate sites?
Yes, if the site is a high quality site with a good persona or a real person.
How many links can I get per month?
It varies. Sometimes it takes more than a month for a journalist’s article to go live. Sometimes there’s aren’t many requests for your niche. On average, we see 3 to 7 links per month with our clients.
What DA are the links I will get?
We prefer to work with Ahrefs DR as our site authority metric. And we average links that are DR50+. But we answer all relevant queries to maximize the number of links you get to your site.
Do I get a refund if you don’t secure any links for my site?
No, we guarantee at least five links for our 3-month package and at least 11 links for our 7-month package. In the event that we don’t secure that number of links once our time is up, then we just keep working at no extra cost until we get those links.
Can I get a discount if I hire you for more than one site?
Contact us to see if this is something we can offer based on your situation.
Can I get a discount if I pre-pay for more than one package?
Am I locked into a contract?
No. You can pay for one 3-month or 7-month package and that’s it. We won’t rebill you, unless you ask us to.
How long does it take to land backlinks with HARO?
This depends on the journalist. We’ve had links go live in less than one week of responding. And the longest amount of time it took for a link to appear was 5 months! On average, we see it take 25-35 days before a link goes live.
How long will it take for me to see good results?
Since some journalists take several weeks to get your link live, we recommend spending at least three months on HARO link building. That’s why our cheapest package is for three months.
What about no-follow links?
We cannot guarantee that the links we secure for you won’t be no-follow links. That’s just the nature of link building.
Do you offer refunds?
No. Once we start work for you, we do not offer refunds.
Do you offer white label services?
Yes, get in contact with us to discuss what we can do for you.